"VERBIER HAS BEEN LISTED IN THE TOP 25 FLYING SITES
IN THE WORLD."
– Cross Country Magazine Travel Guide
May – September
English or French
1590CHF with accommodation
Available from 990CHF
Route de Verbier 1
FLY WITH OUR COACHES
During this course, there is always an extremely talented and qualified guide who actually flies with you. This is not a case of dropping you off on launch with a brief and saying ‘off you go’. Our guides will actually fly with you and reassure and coach you by radio and provide thorough pre and post-flight briefs. The aim of this course is to make you a better and more confident pilot and of course to keep you safe during your flying holiday in the mountains.
This is also the best course for completing your BHPA Pilot rating tasks. If you are keen to get Pilot rated (IPPI level 4), then let us know before you come out so that we can organize the necessary paperwork.
CROSS-COUNTRY SKILLS & TECHNIQUES
Amongst other skills and techniques you can expect to learn about some of the following aspects of thermal and mountain paragliding:
– Making good decisions in the mountains. Mountain flying requires a whole new set of skills.
– Basic turns and combining turns and weight shift. (Sounds obvious but this is actually the fundamental thing that many pilots are doing wrong when trying to thermal.)
– What to look for whilst flying: When to read the sky and when to read the ground.
– Mapping a thermal.
– Using a multiple core thermal.
– What to do at the cloudbase. (We hear so many pilots say:
I can get to cloudbase but then I don’t know what to do!)
– How to fly in rough air.
– Introduction to XC flying.
– Safety issues with Thermal flying.
– Descent techniques. (And this doesn’t just mean big-ears! Too many pilots want to learn how to go up before they know how to come down.)
– Tasks and airtime for Pilot rating.
– Learn to thermal, get to cloud base, improve your general flying-skills and gain confidence.
– For this course we require that all students are at least CP qualified and are capable of taking off and landing unsupervised, (although we will of course always help coach and fine tune landings and take-offs, etc.).
Every week from the end of May to the end of September. Courses start every Monday, with arrival days every Sunday if you have booked accommodation.
– COURSE: 5-day course, 6 nights if you have booked with accommodation.
– COURSE WITH ACCOMMODATION: 5 days of flying, all tuition, 6 nights accommodation with breakfast, all transport by van or cable car.
COURSE PRICE: 990CHF or 250CHF per day.
Mike, Stu and Theunis were always full of infectious enthusiasm and are commensurate professionals. For thermaling our take-offs were coached and critiqued before our guide Theunis caught us up and lead us off on adventures. With only a handful of us in the air, the personal in-air coaching over the radio from right by my wingtip gave fantastic learning... Add to that beautiful scenery, a mix of flying from thermaling among the peaks and glaciers to ridge-soaring the forest slopes plus great camaraderie among all the flyers and Verbier-Summits is hard to top.