"VERBIER SUMMITS: MADE IT INTO THE TOP 3 DESTINATIONS
– USHPA Magazine
English or French
1590CHF with accommodation
Available from 990CHF
Route de Verbier 1
May – September
– Understanding the weather and how to predict a good XC day.
– Good decision making. This is the key to successful XC flights.
– Linking thermals.
– Reading the sky and reading the ground….and when to do which.
– Speeds to Fly – Flying with maximum efficiency.
– Keeping safe in the mountains – Really understanding leeside thermals and not ending up in one.
– How to fly in turbulent air.
– Landing-out techniques. (Too many people want to fly XC but are not competent at landing anywhere).
For pilots who can thermal but want to progress to flying bigger XC flights.
Every week from the end of May to the end of September. Courses start every Monday. Arrival days are every Sunday when booked with accommodation.
– COURSE: 5-day course, all tuition.
– COURSE WITH ACCOMMODATION: 5 days of flying, all tuition, 6 nights accommodation with breakfast, all transport by van or cable car.
Verbier Summits are a really well-run paragliding company. They offer instruction, guiding, and tandem flight experiences. They pay great attention to detail, and customers of all ages and abilities are catered for in a friendly and relaxed environment. I flew with them for 4 days in the summer, and it was magical to see how everyone developed as pilots and became great friends as the week went on. Thanks for everything guys!